Child Custody Attorneys in Palatine
Strongminded & Aggressive Legal Advocacy
At the Law Firm of Caryl Jacobs Gabe, Ltd., we know nothing is quite as important as your children. In instances of divorce, child custody can be an incredibly painful and stressful issue to resolve, as both parties often feel as though they are getting the short end of the stick. This is why our team of Palatine child custody attorneys will do everything in our power to fight for a future that puts your children first.
In the state of Illinois, family law courts attempt to be as fair as possible, as this is considered the most beneficial way to handle a child custody concern. Joint custody is not necessarily the status quo, though it is preferable that your child’s current situation is not drastically changed from what he or she is accustomed to.
Generally speaking, a judge will consider the following matters when deciding the details of your custody arrangement:
- The criminal history of both parents
- Domestic violence, if any
- The mental, emotional, and physical health of both parents
- If the child is old enough to make an informed decision, a judge may consider his or her wishes
- The overall stability of the home
- The cooperation of both parents, including whether one is hesitant to foster a relationship with the non-custodial parent
- If either parent intends to remarry, or is cohabiting with a new partner
Contact Our Palatine Child Custody Lawyers Today
Serving children and families for nearly 4 decades, we at the Law Firm of Caryl Jacobs Gabe, Ltd. treat your case with the urgency, attention to detail, and personalized consideration it deserves. Our team of Palatine child custody attorneys are devoted to helping families find solutions to even the most complicated of concerns, prioritizing you and your child’s needs above all else. Don’t face this major life issue without our legal counsel, care, and representation.
Contact or call us today at (847) 278-2851 and schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm.